Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Immune Performance Elasticity Cream with Alasta


Product Tag Line:
...soothes and hydrates as it helps restore skin’s elasticity and firmness for the appearance of thicker, plumper skin.

Product Profile in short:
(as described on Sustainable Youth Website)
  • restores skin’s elasticity and firmness

  • conditions, moisturizes

  • soothes

  • invigorates the senses

    Promise:
    (as described on Sustainable Youth Website)

  • Clinically proven to improve skin elasticity and firmness up to 72 percent in 8 weeks of use.

  • Consumer case studies show signs of improvement in 2 weeks of use.

  • Consumers report benefits in as little as 1 week of use.

    What’s Inside:

    Alasta™, Organic Olive Oil, Natural Jojoba Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Green and White Tea Extracts

    Close-up on active ingredients:
    Water, Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Alcohol, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate,
    Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Steareth-2, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Potassium Palmitoyl
    Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Steareth-21, Butyrospermum Parkii
    (Shea Butter), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf
    Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium
    (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Palm Glycerides, Potassium Lauroyl
    Wheat Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Alasta™), Canola Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Picea Mariana Leaf Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Fruit Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Bentonite, Capryloyl Glycine, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Sodium Hydroxide

    Wow! So many extracts and oils! Let’s have a closer look at some of them. First of all, there are several moisturizing ingredients like Jojoba oil (one of the best natural moisturizers), Coconut oil (skin moisturizer and softener), Sweet Almond Oil (an effective emollient), Macadamia Seed Oil (skin-conditioner and occlusive).
    I also see a lot of skin soothing ingredients on the list such as Sweet Almond Oil, Linseed Seed Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Peppermint Oil etc. See my post on Sensitive Skin Care Ingredients for more details on these.
    Some anti-aging ingredients that are on the list include Rosewood Oil (helps to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin), Lavender oil (tones, revitalizes, balances), Pepper Fruit Oil (stimulates, improves circulation), Fennel Oil (tones and regenerates). And of course Alasta... see more information about Alasta complex in my previous post.

    Experience:
    Texture: light but thicker than moisturizing fluid, doesn’t feel heavy
    Absorption: absorbs very quickly and doesn’t leave any oily film
    Smell: almost no smell, maybe just slight herbal notes

    I’m not a great fan of endless ingredient lists because the more ingredients there are, the more chances you will develop sensitivity to one of them. But in case with Sustainable Youth cream I am glad that 90% of ingredients are natural and many of them have soothing properties. Maybe due to this my skin tolerated it quite well. However I didn’t observe a soothing effect.


    Upon application of Sustainable Youth cream my skin feels comfortably moisturized and soft to the touch. Morning application keeps the skin hydrated the whole day. I used this cream in combination with Sustainable Youth serum. It definitely improved the effects I was already getting from the serum alone. In 2 weeks of combined use my skin was looking smoother, as if polished and it had a better texture… maybe I could describe it as a denser and suppler texture.

    My favorite product in Sustainable Youth skin care line is still their serum (see my review). But for a maximum effect you may want to use Sustainable Youth Elasticity Cream in combination with Sustainable Youth Immune Performance Revitalizing Serum.
  • | More

    2 comments:

    1. So exciting! I love trying new products expecially using a holistic (beauty/health from the inside and out) approach which is something very fascinating to me. I would welcome the opportunity to see if the “stop anti-aging by reducing/eliminating inflammation” theory holds up. I have read many studies about it but have yet had the opportunity to test it via topical skin treatments along with supplemenation. Providing feedback on TIA regarding this exciting concept would be a bonus! I appreciate the consideration and have no problem with my email/name being shared with the vendor. Thank you…

      ReplyDelete
    2. GREAT review and I'd be hard-pressed to believe that you looked anything less than incredible on you wedding day girl!You sound happy and content so it agrees with you.I have strict rules directed at people who point cameras at me and dont' even think about pointing that phone,LOL! NO 3/4 angle shots and no snapping without warning...it seems those pics make it to Facebook for the world to see and it's simply not fair! I'm still sitting on a fence with these products: I have been using them faithfully in spite of some breakouts...not sure that for me,they're as effective but I've had some "help" along the way as well...I think they are "good" and obviously a very-high quality but I'm just not seeing the "glowing changes" I have with some other things I've tried...SO glad you're thrilled and I will continue to use and see where I end up!Hugs Old Married Mama!

      ReplyDelete