Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beauty Review: Perfume Sample Set


I received a wonderful St.Valentine's present from my husband today: perfume sample set. The gift was accompanied by a comment: "what a smart marketing strategy, don't
you think?!" What got my business-minded husband so excited, is the whole idea coming with the set. It includes a certificate for a free perfume. So you can try out 10 fragrances and then use the certificate to get the one you like.
The package and presentation are very nice: box looks like it is lined with velvet, a book with description and ad photos is included, and your certificate has a conveninet table where you can rate perfumes on the scale of 1 to 5.


The 10 perfumes are
  • Boss Femme by Boss

  • Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari

  • Liberte by Cacharel

  • Armani Code by Giorgio Armani

  • L'Instant Magic by Guerlain

  • L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

  • FlowerByKenzo by Kenzo

  • Hypnose by Lancome

  • For Her by Narciso Rodriguez

  • Alien by Thierry Mugler

    I like perfumes with notes of freshness, perhaps just a touch of bitterness, not too sweet but a hint of sweetness is nice, fruity is nice too... However, when I feel I want a change a new experience, I would wear something completely different: like intense bitter-sweet. Some of the perfumes in the set I tried as samples before. For example, Hypnose by Lancome and L'Instant Magic by Guerlain. Both beautiful perfumes and are more of an evening-out variants.

    Now I need to decide if I want a more subtle perfume for every day and occasion or a more intense evening varinat.

    What I know for sure it will be fun to try these fragrances out (and review them as well)! The final decision will be tough!

  • | More

    No comments:

    Post a Comment