Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beauty Review: Dior Addict Ultra Gloss


I’m very picky in terms of glosses. Really don’t like sticky glosses… I especially hate them in windy weather when your hair starts sticking to your lips. Yuk! You know feeling! Most glosses ARE sticky which makes choosing one a challenge… I also don’t like too much fragrance in my gloss. Gives me a headache. And now finally getting to the point - Dior Addict Ultra Gloss is one of the best glosses I’ve ever had!! An absolutely wonderful gloss!


Packaging:
As you can see on the photo – very nice, elegant gloss case! I was afraid it will leak because the sampler gloss was all gooey. But it doesn’t, so I often just through it into my purse or jacket pocket without a makeup bag!


Shade:
I chose a neutral color 227 (Chifon Beige). It’s a warm creamy beige with tiniest golden shimmery particles.

Scent:
Nice but not at all overwhelming.

Stay-on Power:
It’s a gloss, so I didn’t expect it to last hours and hours. It does last but be ready to refresh it from time to time.

Texture and finish:
Smooth, thick texture. The best part – not sticky… maybe just a little.

Experience:
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in spite of its name won’t blind you with shimmer. It creates the nicest tiniest specks of light on your lips and gives a nice wet finish. Dior Addict Gloss does add an illusion of a bigger volume just as it promises! The shade I chose is quite sheer so it’s great to wear during the day or for a night out in combination with dramatic eyes.

For me irritation and dry lips are always an issue with lip products. Dior Addict Gloss contains some emollients (such as castor seed oil, butylene glycol) so they keep my lips protected and moisturized.

Bottom Line: Love the gloss and am looking forward to trying out other shades.
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment