Friday, March 26, 2010

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Collection Spring/Summer 2010

Spring must have sprung because Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Collection has officially been released. This year Lauder introduces a (limited edition) line of makeup, fragrance, and skincare that will transform you into a tropical beach babe.

Here's a shot of me wearing the collection.




Oh wait, that's actually not me at all, but it sure does show the magic of their Liquid EyeShadow in the sizzling blue Aqua Flash shade. Ultra Violet is pretty eye-catching too and both nicely compliment the remaining two universally flattering shades; Sand Shimmer, and Molten Bronze. These 4 tubes have sponge-tip applicators (like a lip gloss) that you dab on your lids and either pat in with your fingers or blend it with a brush. I like the unique texture of the shadows which feels like a weightless mousse that settles nicely into the lids- even mature, dry lids because of the light formula. They don't cake, crease, or smudge and they wear a really long time.


Here's a shot I took that shows the colors well.




Here's another shot where the writing isn't visible so you can see the shades a little better.



The brunette bombshell above is sporting their Coral Look which consists of these products below. You can find the full color lineup of what was used for the look HERE.




Exotic Orchid is their other look, bright and pinky with a shot of bronze which uses these products shown below.



It's a fun collection and a look that's tropical, exotic, and eye-popping so you can kick-start spring with some splashy color.

But it wouldn't be a Bronze Goddess collection without something to get us all bronzy would it? Their well-loved sunless tanning formula comes in a base of gelée, milk, or a lotion that will get you that deep, even, safe tan. I use the Milk, which is colorless, but the tinted gelée for the body has a little bronzer to it so you can see exactly where it's going for a fool-proof application with zero streaking.




Within the past few months I've become a bronzer junkie. I don't know why I wasn't bronzing before (I always bronze everyone else) but now I rarely leave the house without a light dusting of the sunny powder. Their eye-catching Exotic Bronzing Blush, combines the two so you can balance out rosy with bronzy- a big trend right now. I'll be using their Bronzing Gel with a little moisturizer on my neck which is way lighter than my face. It's a perfect bronzy shade that isn't too dark on its own, but you can cut it with moisturizer to lighten it up for natural looking color.





One of the reasons I love Lauder is because they value tradition. They keep products they know are well-loved even if they aren't mainstream anymore. Bronze Goddess is another tradition I look forward to getting year after year. It's timeless, it's sexy, and it never disappoints.
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment