Friday, March 12, 2010

Beauty Tips Look Younger, Live Longer and Feel Younger

In this age of baby boomers, generation X, and generation Y, there are many of us who would like to retain our youthful appearance. But it isn’t always about “the looks”, or maybe it is more accurate to say that looks can be deceiving, don’t judge a book by its’ cover. My favorite has always been, true beauty comes from within. I really believe that is true. When you meet someone who has a sparkle in their eyes, they tend to look younger than their age. Someone who laughs and enjoys life, looks and feels younger. There is a lightness in their step, attitude and spirit. There is a sense of pleasure being in their presence, a joyfulness that surrounds them.

I have a woman friend who exudes those qualities. She is an art therapist, in her later fifties, works with extremely troubled youths in a lock up facility, and she refuses to grow old. Every time I am in her presence, I feel like a more joyful, happy person. We laugh over the silliest, dumbest things. She loves to have fun!! She has graying hair, and her shape is starting to sag, but boy is she a blast to be around!

You can look younger without surgery, it’s easy….just laugh more!

I’m often mistaken for being much younger then my birth years. I am soon to be forty-seven and usually get pegged in the mid thirties, even by friends who have known me for a while. An example of that is just the other day I was at the beach with my children, and I was talking with a friend, who I have known for several years. We were talking about menopausal symptoms and she said, “Aren’t you a little young. What are you thirty-six, or thirty-seven?”. I got a good laugh out of her reaction, when I told her my age!

I have had the occasional flirtatious younger man make advances, which is always very flattering and surprising, but I think it is the confidence that an older woman carries which is appealing. If you are in good shape, comfortable in your own skin and enjoying life, what is there not to be attracted to?

I take good care of myself, eat well, exercise, take specific supplements that I personally believe to help, it is vital to feel your best and most importantly I love to laugh. Laughter is the best medicine, is another of my favorites sayings. Live long, love deeply, laugh often.

Debbie is the cofounder of debnbob.com, a blog focused on the personal challenges in life. It is through her blog that she helps people solve, and discuss everyday issues that concern us all. Sometimes it just isn’t appropriate to ask someone you know their opinion on a subject that is on your mind. You may feel-free to ask Debbie. She is also a professional homeschooler and business owner.
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment