Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick Curly Weekend Hair? Can I Have It?

I was incredibly impressed with White Sands' Stuck Up Hair Spray when I reviewed it. So, when I received a press released describing their new mousse, I had to try it out! They described how the mouse promised that the mouse (in it's medium or firm hold forms) would encourage hair to "group together and turn over each other, which creates a new curl pattern." To me, this sounded hopeful for helping me turn my wavy hair (which consists of small caliber waves/curls in very small groups of hair) into either big bouncy curls, or maybe some big waves. Obviously, these are pipe dreams.

So, my first trial with this product was me simply scrunching my hair and using a diffuser then allowing it to air dry the rest of the way. While my curls definitely had a bit more hair in each of them, I still looked like DJ Tanner, much like Kristen over at Beauty Addict! ARG!

So, next I decided that I'd try a different take, and I'd attempt a more wavy look. I applied the mouse with a wide toothed comb, then separated my hair into about 5 big sections. I twisted each section a bit, curled it up and then stuck a little plastic claw clip from Goody into the mini bun I'd created to hold it there loosely. I then used my diffuser to dry my hair. Once removed I had very pretty waves, definitely bigger than I usually do with this technique, and they stayed up all day!

The products are both a bit more "firm" feeling when they come out of the can than other mousses that I've tried in the past. They are easy to spread through my hair, have a great apricot/fruit scent and did help create a bit more shine. Best of all I couldn't tell that there was any product in my hair because it didn't feel sticky, crunchy or weighed down. I personally had the same results with both the firm and medium hold products, though if your hair is straighter than mine you might want to veer more towards the firm hold.

I do not think that my experience with the scrunching method is representative of what will happen for everyone, this is just what happened with my level of curl. I think if you have stick straight hair the scrunching is likely to do absolutely nothing for you. However, you will likely have a lot of luck with the twirling like I used, as that creates the curl. I haven't used this mousse yet with curling my hair, but something tells me that my curls will stick around all day and look perfect!
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment